Trade finance: a recognised capacity to manage large and highly secured transactions
The "Trade Awards" are given by companies that read the magazine, leader in Trade Finance (To be reworded)
A wide range of products and services
Trade Finance covers the activities of securing and financing international trade transactions, by matching the different needs of exporters and importers.
Around 100 Global Trade Finance experts from Crédit Agricole CIB, distributed throughout 22 countries, provide a wide range of products and services to power our clients’ ambitions and offer end-to-end solutions. These products and services include in particular:
• Guarantees (All types including Trade, Financial and Thechnical)
• Documentary transactions (Documentary Credit, Stand By Letter of Credit, Documentary Collection),
• forfaiting* ( purchase without recourse of trade receivables )
• Reverse Forfaiting (Payable discounting)
• Structured Trade Finance (involving Export Credit Agencies, Private Risks Insurers),
• Suite of e.Trade
*forfaiting: Non-recourse purchase of trade receivables, export supplier's credit
Crédit Agricole CIB's strengths
Our strengths are based on:
• a dedicated international network with Trade Finance experts,
• experienced back offices (documentary credits and guarantees) , certified ISO 9001 in France, close to our clients,
• a significant risk-taking capacity thanks to
• limits on 100 countries and more that 800 banks over the world
• risk sharing partnership with banks ( 150 agreement signed wordwide ) and insurers.
• a highly recognized expertise to structure tailor made solutions adapted to our clients’ needs.
Crédit Agricole CIB ranks among the top Trade Finance institutions and receives every year several awards:
• In 2012, Crédit Agricole CIB was “highly commended” under the “Best forfaiting institution” category
• In 2012, the GTR Review designated Crédit Agricole CIB a “deal of the year” for its leading role in the historical “Haramain High-Speed Rail” project (Mecca-Medina railway) in Saudi Arabia
• Crédit Agricole CIB has been the 1st bank in the world to go live on SWIFTNet Trade Guarantees.
• In 2014, IFC Deal ( Synthetic Securitization) awarded Deal of the year by “Risk Magazine and Trade Finance Magazine.