Trade finance: a recognised capacity to manage large and secured transactions
A wide range of products and services
Trade Finance covers the activities of securing and financing international trade transactions, by matching the different needs of exporters and importers.
Around 120 global Trade Finance experts from Crédit Agricole CIB, distributed throughout 21 countries, provide a wide range of products and services to power our clients’ ambitions and offer end-to-end solutions. These products and services include in particular:
- all types of commercial and financial guarantees,
- documentary transactions (documentary credits, stand-by letters of credit, documentary collections),
- forfaiting (discount without recourse of all types of trade receivables),
- reverse forfaiting (payable discounting),
- structured Trade Finance (involving Export Credit Agencies, private insurers),
- suite of automated solutions: e-Trade
Crédit Agricole CIB's strengths
Our strengths are based on:
- a dedicated international network with Trade Finance experts,
- experienced back-offices (documentary credits and guarantees), certified ISO 9001 in France, close to our clients,
- a significant risk taking capacity thanks to :
- our limits on 100 countries and more than 600 banks over the world,
- our partnership with banks (150 agreements signed worldwide) and insurers,
- a highly recognized expertise to structure tailor made solutions adapted to our client’s needs.
Crédit Agricole CIB ranks among the top Trade Finance institutions and receives every year several awards:
- Crédit Agricole CIB has been the 1st bank in the world to go live on SWIFTNet Trade Guarantees.
- In 2015, Crédit Agricole CIB was ranked 2nd Best Bank for Documentary Processing by Global Trade Review.
- In 2018, Credit Agricole CIB is ranked amongst the top 3 Trade Finance Bank by Coalition Analytics.
- For continuously five years, 2016, 2017,2018, 2019 and 2020, Credit Agricole CIB is ranked by Global Trade Review as Best Trade Finance Bank in Western Europe.