Trade Finance secures and finances international trade transactions by matching the various needs of exporters and importers.
Crédit Agricole CIB’s 120 Trade Finance experts in 21 markets offer a full range of products and services to support our clients’ ambitions and provide them with appropriate solutions.
Crédit Agricole CIB’s Trade Finance solutions
Crédit Agricole CIB’s Trade Finance offering covers:
- all types of commercial and financial guarantees;
- documentary transactions (documentary credits, standby letters of credit, documentary collections),
- trade finance structuring (involving export credit agencies and private insurers),
- a range of digital solutions: e-Trade;
- an Islamic finance offering.
Crédit Agricole CIB, a Trade Finance expert
Our strengths lie in our:
- dedicated international network of Trade Finance experts,
- back offices (documentary credit and guarantees) with extensive experience and close relationships with our clients,
strong risk-taking capacity thanks to:
- our limits on 100 countries and over 600 banks worldwide
- our banking partnerships (150 agreements signed worldwide) and partnerships with insurers,
- widely recognised expertise in the development of bespoke solutions adapted to the needs of our clients.
Crédit Agricole CIB was also the first bank in the world to set up bank guarantees via SWIFTNet.
Trade Finance distinctions
Crédit Agricole CIB boasts one of the best Trade Finance services and receives numerous awards every year:
- In 2016, Global Trade Review recognised Crédit Agricole CIB’s expertise by ranking it the second-best bank in document processing.
- In 2018, Crédit Agricole CIB was ranked in the Top 3 Best Trade Finance Banks by Coalition Analytics.
- From 2016 to 2020, then in 2022 and 2023, Global Trade Review (specialist in trade, export, commodity and supply chain finance sectors) has recognised Crédit Agricole CIB’s expertise by ranking it the Best Bank in Trade Finance in Western Europe.
Trakk by Komgo
To contribute to a safer and more reliable trade finance environment, Crédit Agricole CIB provides a link to a new certification service: Trakk by Komgo.
Crédit Agricole CIB has been a pioneer in the field of sustainable finance, being the first to sign the Equator Principles, contributing to their launch in 2003, and having a dedicated team of experts since 2009. We capitalise on our dual expertise in Trade Finance and Sustainable Finance to help our partners set up green, social or sustainable Trade Finance products, thereby contributing to the achievement of their sustainable development roadmap.