Our client protection
Crédit Agricole CIB's mission is to protect all of its customers. It is in this approach that we have reinforced the rules relating to customer protection with new regulations such as MiFID II.
The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) is the European law measures of which were transposed into the legislation and the French regulation. They came into effect on November 1st, 2007. The MiFID ratified on 21st April 2004 aims at creating a single market for financial services with more integrated capital markets and enhanced investor protection, the same across all European countries. It simplifies the regulations relative to financial services throughout the European Union by laying down common rules in terms of treatment of customers and capital market operations.
For any complaint concerning their relationship with Crédit Agricole CIB, the client shall approach their usual contact - point or the person whose contact details have been communicated to them as part of their relationships with Crédit Agricole CIB.
Crédit Agricole CIB urges clients to express any dissatisfaction in writing (letter or email).
Any claimant who is not a client of Crédit Agricole CIB may send a complaint to the General Secretariat of Compliance at the following postal address: 12 Place des Etats-Unis - CS 70052, 92547 Montrouge CEDEX.
Crédit Agricole CIB undertakes to:
- Acknowledge receipt of any written complaint within 10 working days of being sent;
- Respond to the claimant within a maximum period of two months from the date the complaint is sent.
If the claimant is not satisfied with the response, or if they do not receive a response within two months of sending their first written complaint, they may contact, free of charge one of the following mediators:
- The ombudsman of the Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), for disputes within its field of competence as specified on the AMF website (What is the Ombudsman’s remit?):
- by electronic form accessible on the AMF website (> Request for mediation)
- or by post to the AMF Ombudsman - 17 place de la Bourse - 75082 Paris Cedex 2
- The ombudsman of the Fédération Bancaire Française (FBF), for disputes within its field of competence as specified on its website:
- by electronic form accessible on the FBF website (“Access to the form” tab)
- or by post to the FBF Ombudsman - CS 151 - 75 422 PARIS cedex 9
The claimant is free to refer the matter to the mediator of their choice, the latter being definitive for the dispute concerned.
In the event of an issue concerning the granting of credit, the claimant may immediately refer the matter to the Credit Ombudsman for disputes within its field of competence by filing a claim on the Credit Mediation | Banque de France website Will open in a new tab .
For claims relating to a payment service, Crédit Agricole CIB shall send the claimant a response within 15 business days of receipt of the complaint, or, at the latest, within 35 business days in the event of exceptional situations. In accordance with Article L.133-45 of the French Monetary and Financial Code, Crédit Agricole CIB informs you that the bank does not offer claimants opting for an out-of-court settlement procedure disputes related to the execution and/or interpretation of account agreements and payment service contracts as provided for in the French Monetary and Financial Code.
Specific warning to the attention of financial intermediaries
Crédit Agricole CIB examines transactions on a daily basis to determine whether there is a risk that our own transactions, or those we execute on behalf of clients, could constitute inappropriate behavior including, in particular, market manipulation or insider trading.
As a financial intermediary regularly engaged in transactions with Crédit Agricole CIB, in case you observe any suspicious activities when trading with us we invite you to address any enquiries or observations directly to Crédit Agricole CIB’s Global Markets Regulatory Compliance (“GMRC”) team at the following mail addresses (Please do not disclose this information to your usual contact at the Front Office):
- GMRC in the UK (GMRCAdvisorylondon@ca-cib.com)
- GMRC at the Head Office (GMRCAdvisoryparis@ca-cib.com)
The GMRC teams remain at your disposal for any questions you may have.