With our employees
The Bank also maintains long-standing partnerships with associations in France and abroad, in particular with AFM-Téléthon.
Skilled-based volunteering and collective commitments
- Solidaires by Crédit Agricole CIB
"Solidaires By Crédit Agricole CIB" is a CSR programme, open to all of the employees in France and worldwide.
Three levels of commitment are available :
• Events and special days. Employees are invited to work together on community-focused projects in support of partner associations.
• Volunteering. Employees can offer their time and/or skills for a specific purpose. Crédit Agricole group's dedicated website puts interested employees in contact with the associations supported by the Group: https://www.ca-solidaires.fr/en
• Grants for employees’ initiatives. The Bank offers financial support for projects organised by non-profit organisations supported by its employees, as part of healthcare solidarity, social inclusion, environmental and educational projects in France and abroad.
The program was launched in France in 2013 and was extended to Asia and the UK in the world in 2014. In 2017, 50 charity projects were rewarded, including 36 projects in France, 12 in the UK and 2 in Asia. Since 2013, 210 projects have been supported.
- Long-standing partnerships
- AFM-Téléthon Crédit Agricole CIB has supported the AFM-Telethon for a number of years. The Bank was a key player in the 2012 and 2014 Financial Community Telethon and responsible for the global management of the event, fostering the involvement of all the players in the financial community (notably by rallying the companies of the Crédit Agricole Group), coordinating fund-raising and organising the race.
As an example of its "succeeding together" philosophy, Crédit Agricole CIB provides its employees with an opportunity to commit themselves to a good cause in a simple and effective manner.
In the United Kingdom:
- Beanstalk Beanstalk’s service is simple yet highly effective. The Crédit Agricole CIB members of the organization recruit and support Beanstalk trained reading helpers to provide one-to-one literacy support to children who have fallen behind with their reading.
- St. Hilda’s East Community Centre is a vibrant multi-purpose community centre that caters for all sections of the local community of all ages. Crédit Agricole CIB London provides finance to help the centre fund trips and other activities for their elderly members.
- Aziza’s Place Aziza’s Place was founded by an employee of Crédit Agricole CIB in memory of his daughter. Aziza's Place is a grassroots education and learning centre transforming the lives of Cambodia's most underprivileged children. They come from the Steung Meanchey municipal dumpsite, slums and vulnerable families.
Aziza's Place is a safe haven within the hustle and bustle that has become Phnom Penh. The association offers holistic education programmes for children and outreach to their families. With help, they can build positive futures.
In the United-States:
- New York Cares New York Cares is New York’s largest volunteer management organization, running volunteer programs for 1,300 nonprofits, city agencies, and public schools.The partnership between Crédit Agricole CIB NY and New York Cares brings employees the opportunity to contribute their assistance to local solidarity initiatives. To know more : https://www.newyorkcares.org/
In France and abroad:
- Children of the Mekong In June 2014, Crédit Agricole CIB Hong Kong initiated a new partnership with the association “Children of the Mekong” which supports the education of children and young adults in 7 countries of South-East Asia. The Bank supports the mission of the Center Merieux in Phnom Penh (Cambodia). This Center welcomes more than 280 students from poor families in Cambodia, and helps developing their employability. The students, who are selected according to their motivation and school results, come to study and to increase the skills they develop at university.
Green Bond Principles Created to Help Issuers and Investors Deploy Capital for Green Projects
A Governance for the Green Bond Principles
Crédit Agricole CIB confirms its commitment to the fight against climate change
Crédit Agricole CIB, HSBC and Rabobank propose an appendix to the Green Bond Principles for social bonds and sustainability bonds
Crédit Agricole CIB announces it has reached the four goals set in 2014 and has made new commitments in the fight against climate change
Catalytic Finance Initiative Brings Together Banks and Investors, Directs $8 Billion in Capital for High-Impact Sustainable Projects
Crédit Agricole stops financing new coal-fired power plant projects
"My association is carrying out actions in France and abroad to finance projects related to education, early childhood and health. In 2016, my project focused on a center for handicapped children in Sri Lanka where I went this summer to meet the recipients of the Bank's support. "
Prasad HEWA, Rotaract Paris Haussman
Winner of the 2016 session